DayZ in closed alpha. (+video)

Open forum for TFK members and friends
SlyXaojin
Rock me Amadeus - Master Knight

DayZ in closed alpha. (+video)

Postby SlyXaojin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Another hint for the release of DayZ Standalone:

So far DayZ is in a closed Alpha stage with 30-100 selected testers. According to the article Rocket plans to release to open Alpha (the one you can buy for a small amount of money) as soon as the server architecture hasa been tested (possible June... hopefully latest July).
In the link below is the article with Rocket's video. Since it is in german just scroll down to the video. You don't see a lot of finaly gameplay yet (no fighting zombies) but it gives a nice impression about the atmosphere of the game. I think the map looks way better than the original map. Also rocket talks about some features that sound pretty cool, like some kind of an extended health system, so a Motorcycle helmet really protects you from bludgeon impact on your head... Finger print system.... looks like you can somehow track down people if they leave garbage behind....

Anyway, look yourself if you are interested. The video is below the text of the article:
http://www.pcgames.de/Day-Z-PC-255532/News/DayZ-Standalone-Neue-Details-zum-Release-der-Ueberlebens-Simulation-Geschlossene-Alpha-gestartet-1071251/

helgrrr
Whip Cracker

Re: DayZ in closed alpha. (+video)

Postby helgrrr » Tue May 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Is that articla available in a sensible language Sly :D
Wookie Killah Image

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Tue May 28, 2013 6:47 pm

I fear not :D

Or i didn't look. The important point is that the game is in closed alpha now and that the 'open' alpha should go live asap once they know their server architecture works well :)

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Tue May 28, 2013 6:50 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3234766/dayz-enters-closed-alpha-creator-details-pricing-model/

They say the same. Closed alpha now and open one not before june... also give a number of about 10$ for buying the open alpha version as an estimate... not sure if that is an accurate number already.

helgrrr
Whip Cracker

Postby helgrrr » Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Must order new pc now :D
Wookie Killah Image

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Wed May 29, 2013 1:39 am

Yeah with zombies spawned server side (so no zombie player alarm) and all the new features i am sure this game is going to be a lot of fun :) I hope i got a few more weeks till the 'release' since i am still kinda busy atm :(

Ninshi

Postby Ninshi » Wed May 29, 2013 5:33 am

Zombies!

LynchyBlueNose
Paranoid Android - Knight

Postby LynchyBlueNose » Wed May 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Not friendly ones though Ninshi, these ones won't be happy about how you treated their brothers !

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Wed May 29, 2013 11:17 pm

I think you underestimate Ninshi when it comes to Zombies...

Quik Silva (DFUW) / Wolfen Silva (DFO) / Silva & Wildwood (AC DT)

Ninshi

Postby Ninshi » Thu May 30, 2013 5:42 am

That look so cool!

studebaker

Postby studebaker » Thu May 30, 2013 9:21 pm

This is great news!

Here's a link to the Gamasutra article...
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/192941/dean_hall_discusses_dayzs_.php

But let's skip to the most important part...
So what we're doing at the moment is, we gave free keys as a gift to the forum moderators, the Reddit moderators, people who helped out with DayZ development, and stuff like that. I guess there's about 30-100 people involved with that. From here, once we've finished our server/client architecture -- because we're moving it an MMO model -- we're reviewing the situation of that in June, and then we do an alpha, just like Minecraft. People pay X amount of dollars and they get early, cheap access to it, and then once it's beta, price goes up, maybe, say, $10, and once it goes retail, the price goes up $10.

And then Rocket tweeted this a couple days ago...
DayZ Client/Server Architecture is functionally complete! Large scale test occurring tomorrow for those in closed testing team

So hopefully open Alpha in Late June/July.
"Son of a bitch must pay!" - Jack Burton

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Fri May 31, 2013 1:50 am

Nice find about that server test! :)
Let's really hope for that alpha release soon :) Even tough it will be buggy for sure, but i am really looking forward to it.

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Fri May 31, 2013 2:47 pm

We have begun our internal closed testing (yes!) and have been working with closed with Valve to ensure our new server browser system is working (we utilize Steam for this purpose rather than Gamespy as for ArmA2). The Server/Client architecture needs to be fully implemented before we will begin our public testing.

We have not initiated our closed test that includes external people yet (such as streamers).

I like that they focus on steam. I guess that will help to tell what friends play on what servers right away.

Return to “TFK Public Forum”