DayZ Alpha'soon' maybe in summer

Open forum for TFK members and friends
SlyXaojin
Rock me Amadeus - Master Knight

DayZ Alpha'soon' maybe in summer

Postby SlyXaojin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:08 pm

2 articles below:

Keypoints are:
1) Alpha launch should be 'soon', maybe in summer even.
2) Keys will be sold as increment of 50.000..... So i guess it will be hard to get an early one, unless you watch the dayz site every day.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/25/dayz-launch/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-24-dayz-standalone-alpha-release-weve-set-a-date-now

studebaker

Re: DayZ Alpha'soon' maybe in summer

Postby studebaker » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:28 am

Actually your second keypoint is incorrect Sly! From the Eurogamer article you linked...

"We're not going to say when that is," he said, "because we were originally going to release them in 50,000 key increments but we decided to do everything altogether." And the architecture has to be there to support that, he pointed out."

Also a quote from one of the E3 interviews Rocket did...

"It's not going to be next week (jet lag, etc...). But it's not going to be longer than two months. It will be somewhere in between."
Why not set a date?
"Because we don't need too, and we don't want to force something out with a glaring game breaking bug just because we set a date, when we didn't need to in the first place. Furthermore, we have scrapped the keys-in-blocks idea and going for a full access alpha. This means we need to be damn sure our central server will hold whatever load might be thrown at it."

So to sum it up it won't be hard to get into early Alpha cause it'll be full access!!
"Son of a bitch must pay!" - Jack Burton

SlyXaojin
Rock me Amadeus - Master Knight

Re: DayZ Alpha'soon' maybe in summer

Postby SlyXaojin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 am

Yeah, i read it too fast :D

Anyway... Important is, that finally there seems to be a version ready to be released soon :)

Return to “TFK Public Forum”