GOP Presidential debates 2012

Off topic discussion
kol taggar

Re: GOP Presidential debates 2012

Postby kol taggar » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Alexandre Brackmere wrote:While I don't like everything he has done, and I wish he would be much more assertive, I have gained enormous respect for the President and trust his judgement far more than the collection of imbeciles on the GOP side.

Sounds like you are getting trolled by government, mate.

Schnid

Postby Schnid » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:26 am

My knowledge of the GOP candidates is limited to the numerous gaff's I see Cain, Perry, and Bachmann committing on T.V, but so far I think the prospects are pretty grim for the Republican's this time around.

Ron Paul seems to be getting a little more positive media exposure, but is still largely alienated by the rest of his party. Also, libertarianism may be an increasingly attractive philosophy for many in the U.S, but this has surely undermined any possibility of support from big business which favours the neoliberal candidates - those who will continue to promote privatized gains and socialized losses (bailouts). In fact, any of the Tea Party candidates (no i'm not equating Ron Paul with the Tea Party) have seriously jeopardized their campaign from a financial perspective if they continue to espouse subjecting these large firms to market forces (allowing them to fail).

If I had to take a stab at how the upcoming election is going to play out, I'd say Obama will successfully deflect attacks on him regarding his handling of the recession by blaming "irresponsible banking practices". The Occupy Wall Street movement and their supporters (which are many :http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/poll-most-americans-support-occupy-wall-street-taxing-millionaires/246963/) will eat this up. The GOP will continue to produce lackluster, ideologically rigid candidates that will not be able to compete with Obama's oratory skills (not to mention his extremely well-financed campain) which will ultimately culminate in Obama's re-election.

Naggly Nagger

Postby Naggly Nagger » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Schnid wrote: In fact, any of the Tea Party candidates (no i'm not equating Ron Paul with the Tea Party) have seriously jeopardized their campaign from a financial perspective if they continue to espouse subjecting these large firms to market forces (allowing them to fail).

:D I dont think the financial perspective is a big deal these days, as it was 15-20 years ago. Mainly because the advertising is much cheaper and more effective. But your definately right, the tea party candidates have some big foe's to face, corporate monsters and their employees. And then you have the people against less spending, government, entitlements. Those are some pretty huge obstacles. It will take the 2nd coming of baby jesus to persuade the majority that this is what the country needs

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

im bumping this thread as its now alot more relevant, im not going to hold a long speach just yet but i will say this = naggly, i knew an idiot would rise from the ashes and i was right.

shit is his game and mitt romney is his name. you couldnt have asked for a more crazy president
How dare you come on this show with a pegan/marxist agenda! this is gods popquiz! -simon amstell

Gruul

Postby Gruul » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 pm

I would call him neither idiot nor crazy. A rich asshole who doesn't really believe in anything, sure, but it seems like he very much knows what he's doing. They could do worse...
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ahnull Bahrd

Postby Ahnull Bahrd » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:08 am

I don't know very much about the whole thing, but from outward appearances at least I don't know why anyone wouldn't vote for that Ron Paul guy. Half makes me want to do some reading into the candidates because from the few interviews I've watched by coincidence it looks like a one horse race to me. Only shame is that the guy is 600 years old.

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:20 am

ron paul will never get elected, he receives no media attension for these elections, same thing everytime he runs... any president that works against the FED will never get into power and thats ron pauls stance, he knows that the FED prints money out of thin air, he even wants to go after the IRS, dream on kids.... youll have another drone of the elite who will push some war and keep the military expense high.... WANNA BET :D
How dare you come on this show with a pegan/marxist agenda! this is gods popquiz! -simon amstell

Naggly Nagger

Postby Naggly Nagger » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:54 am

RazorMasticator wrote: WANNA BET :D

No

holy shit i have been busy, what month is this?

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:17 pm

smart.... dont think you'd win

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:24 am

Gruul

Postby Gruul » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Anyone else grimaced at the "freedom-loving nation like us" part?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Naggly Nagger

Postby Naggly Nagger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 am

RazorMasticator wrote:have some of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Jib8pQ5DI

nice :P I think ron paul is the only anti "war" canidate, so this ad doesnt suprise me too much

i still think this is my favorite romney video...
i like how he shows his mega "douche" side when he argues with the hecklers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-xFexgH ... ure=relmfu

Return to “Qyan's Zen”