your average BNP voter on video

Off topic discussion
Dawkinson
The Meaning of Vitae

Re: your average BNP voter on video

Postby Dawkinson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Lynchybluenose wrote:Northern Germany and erm......... Denmark is where the Saxons are from ---- and the Normans are act Vikings (Norman, men of the north) - they were granted that land having beaten thr French --- so we are all off back to live with Razor ! :)

Not sure about charging her though, I mean I utterly despise all she stands for but we are meant to have freedom of speech and she didnt actually threaten anyone or incite violence. ------ disturbing the peace maybe hough !

Luckily, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, whenever you want.

Angryghandi
Roughrider - Captain

Postby Angryghandi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Dawkinson wrote:
Lynchybluenose wrote:Northern Germany and erm......... Denmark is where the Saxons are from ---- and the Normans are act Vikings (Norman, men of the north) - they were granted that land having beaten thr French --- so we are all off back to live with Razor ! :)

Not sure about charging her though, I mean I utterly despise all she stands for but we are meant to have freedom of speech and she didnt actually threaten anyone or incite violence. ------ disturbing the peace maybe hough !

Luckily, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, whenever you want.

Which means it is not really freedom of speech

Dawkinson
The Meaning of Vitae

Postby Dawkinson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Not from a fundamentalist point of view, no. But by the same token you could argue we don't live in a democracy because our system doesn't match the pure democracy of Periclian Athens; and we don't live in a free society because we have laws.

Actually, some might actually argue all these things, especially on this forum :lol:

Angryghandi
Roughrider - Captain

Postby Angryghandi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Dawkinson wrote:Not from a fundamentalist point of view, no. But by the same token you could argue we don't live in a democracy because our system doesn't match the pure democracy of Periclian Athens; and we don't live in a free society because we have laws.

Actually, some might actually argue all these things, especially on this forum :lol:

I think we live in dictatorships that generally last about 4 years and then we have one day of free choice, followed by either the incumbent dictatorship for another 4 years or a new one that replaces it. :D

LynchyBlueNose
Paranoid Android - Knight

Postby LynchyBlueNose » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:47 pm

I know we do not have total freedom of speech which is why i ruled out the inciting violence etc which are what is theoretically that which is not allowed.

Oh and AG, we actually have supreme power its just that the political parties have persuaded us otherwise. In all countries it seems 2 or 3 parties vie for power and and tell everyone that voting for anyone else is pointless but we do actually have the power to vote in ANYBODY we just dont use it. The TFK party could rule all but people are too apathetic or fall for the spin of the main parties, but that one cross is actually immensely powerful if only you can persuade people to actually USE it.

And by our standards the Athenian democracy was anything but fair - no slaves, no women etc -- only a small proportion of the population actually had the vote !

Sylpheras

Postby Sylpheras » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Sooo that was what Russel ment with racist babies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qifAsy93SfE

racist babie... she has one..

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:48 pm

our society is fucked, we are all sheeple and our status is measured by the things you own and job you have... the trick lies in the illusions of ''supposed'' freedoms, its all bullshit... but i abide
How dare you come on this show with a pegan/marxist agenda! this is gods popquiz! -simon amstell

helgrrr
Whip Cracker

Postby helgrrr » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:39 pm

RazorMasticator wrote:our society is fucked, we are all sheeple and our status is measured by the things you own and job you have... the trick lies in the illusions of ''supposed'' freedoms, its all bullshit... but i abide

You might be a 'sheeple', all societies have flaws, it's like the old adage you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Society is made of individuals, it's great to sit around banging on about the mean old governments but what actually matters is how every individual feels think and acts. I get slated sometimes for offending people because I'm brutally honest. Is your bum big in that? well yes actually and it's big out of it too, stop kidding yourself. But while I may offend a few people sometimes, I won't lie to you, I won't steal your shit or anyone elses, I won't do stuff to hurt you unless you ask for it. If you sat on the street begging would I give you cash? NO! but if I'd give you my lunch if I thought you needed it more.

Imagine if everyone could manage those few simple edicts. I have absolutely no money, we drive a shitty 8 year old car and trample about in the mud growing our own food and no-one I know thinks I'm a failure. Theres no point saying society says this or that, that's just lazy.

I am free to be me, that's what our supposed shitty society has given me, if you want more than that you have to go earn it.
Wookie Killah Image

Return to “Qyan's Zen”