Status update: Gruul has a new lair!

Off topic discussion
Gruul

Status update: Gruul has a new lair!

Postby Gruul » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:05 am

Yay! New city, new apartment, new internet connection. A proper city for once too, at least on a Finnish scale (Turku, 5th biggest city in the country, 3rd if you count Helsinki and its neigboring towns as one city like I do). Add to that a few thousand euros worth of spare cash thanks to a dead relative I never met and things are once again looking up for me. We now have no intention of moving again for at least the next decade or so, which is more than fine with me; 6 years, 6 apartments, 4 different cities was getting a bit too serial killer-y for my taste.

Now all I need is to pass the entrance exams to the university so I can finally take my rightful place as part of the very best that humanity has to offer and life would be very near perfect. After all, that's what university degrees mean universally - you are the best and brightest, a paragon of mankind; it's not like some countries hand them out to any bozo with enough money and the right connections... (The fact that George W. Bush has a degree from Yale and I can't even pass the entrance exams even though I have higher IQ than 99.5% of the population is a serious contributor to my alcohol intake...)
ImageImageImageImageImage

helgrrr
Whip Cracker

Re: Status update: Gruul has a new lair!

Postby helgrrr » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Lol Gruul that post started off quite chirpy, I see the old Gruul sneaked back in at the end though :mrgreen:
Wookie Killah Image

Naggly Nagger

Postby Naggly Nagger » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:18 pm

just one question: is this big enough for a 40man raid party? (gruul's lair, wow reference, been a long time lol)

but congrats, hope it all works out as planned :P

Gruul

Postby Gruul » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 pm

helgrrr wrote:Lol Gruul that post started off quite chirpy, I see the old Gruul sneaked back in at the end though :mrgreen:

Well I've been rather chirpy the last few days but it'll pass, most likely sooner than later as well. The world as a whole is far too illogical and the people around me are far too annoying for it to last. But the next few weeks (well, days anyway) should still be a nice change from my too-damn-cynical-for-my-age self...

And I hate WoW references, I never get them even though I did play it for a few months before switching to Guild Wars ages ago. The name is purely a product of an orc name generator (even though I switched from an ork to a wolf after beta). Not to mention the fact that it was meant to be more or less RPG-friendly so that it wouldn't annoy all those roleplayers DF was bound to have. If I made a new toon now it would most likely be called "Heart Disease" (Get it? The biggest killer in the western world. I'm so clever.) or something that would go better with the fps feeling of most toon names...

kokanee
Cnd Bacon - Sovereign Knight

Postby kokanee » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 am

or you could become the western cure - Lypo Suction :roll:

Hope to talk to you in the next few days so I can soak in the orc generated sunshine :)
Kokanee
:pimpdaddy:
In Solidarity

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm

nice work gruul, now you are ready to join the ranks of the western work force, working 60 hours a week whilst being lead by whatever moppet the political class has chosen this season and 40% tax... THE HIGH LIFE :D
How dare you come on this show with a pegan/marxist agenda! this is gods popquiz! -simon amstell

helgrrr
Whip Cracker

Postby helgrrr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 pm

RazorMasticator wrote:nice work gruul, now you are ready to join the ranks of the western work force, working 60 hours a week whilst being lead by whatever moppet the political class has chosen this season and 40% tax... THE HIGH LIFE :D

Someone has to do it to pay for the ones sitting on their backsides collecting welfare :roll:
Wookie Killah Image

Gruul

Postby Gruul » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm

RazorMasticator wrote:nice work gruul, now you are ready to join the ranks of the western work force, working 60 hours a week whilst being lead by whatever moppet the political class has chosen this season and 40% tax... THE HIGH LIFE :D

Pfft, If all goes as planned my career options are either going to be a) a reseacher, preferably a renowned one be) the moppet, c) part of the political class choosing said moppet. None of the above work 60 hours a week, most of them barely work at all... :P Oh and dont worry, if I end up being the Supreme Leader of North Europe I'll treat you Danes kindly, just because you amuse me... :P

Snake

Postby Snake » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 am

:mrgreen:

helgrrr
Whip Cracker

Postby helgrrr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 am

Snake wrote::mrgreen:

It's aliiiiiive!
Wookie Killah Image

LynchyBlueNose
Paranoid Android - Knight

Postby LynchyBlueNose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Brian Blessed voice: "Snake's Alive !"

LynchyBlueNose
Paranoid Android - Knight

Postby LynchyBlueNose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Someone has to do it to pay for the ones sitting on their backsides collecting welfare :roll:

Now come on Helgrr you know that if it wasn't for the immigrants and Europe and a certain religious group then everyone in Denmark would be living in a utopian society with no tax but everyone having everything they want ever !

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 am

you are fucking out of your mind
How dare you come on this show with a pegan/marxist agenda! this is gods popquiz! -simon amstell

wasif

Postby wasif » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Lynchybluenose wrote:

Now come on Helgrr you know that if it wasn't for the immigrants and Europe and a certain religious group then everyone in Denmark would be living in a utopian society with no tax but everyone having everything they want ever !

You just had to poke him with a stick didn't you :P?

RazorMasticator

Postby RazorMasticator » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:59 pm

its cool wasif, weak people go for the groin... (first edit) ill take it in stride

(second edit)
the reason i highlight my edits atm is so maybe youll see what i saw... ive always enjoyed light banter and discussion, it keeps reality in check getting second opinions and supposedly they say its a good thing... over the years in TFK ive talked about alot of things with people i trusted, unfortunately i made the big mistake of telling people about my personal situation. a mistake cause now whenever there is a subject (it seems of any kind) they will destroy me by going personal and letting the world know once again what a lowly piece of shit i am, similar to mob lynching...

i was sitting here preparing my usuall futile attempts to defend myself when i realised the pattern, ive fallen from grace here and its time to lay low... THIS POST will be my final post on any political subject ever on this website... ive grown weary of the low blows and personal attacks cause i was foolish enough to be honest. i look to my right, through the window the sun is shining and today is wonderfull and my arms are bigger than ever, i dont need this anymore.

the floor is yours gents... im spent, will talk only about future games and gaming from now on

Return to “Qyan's Zen”