Rock me Amadeus - Master Knight

Path of Exile - Recipes

Postby SlyXaojin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:43 pm

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223

Is kinda old but if it is updated correctly it should give the right recipes

Dion Blackwater

Re: Path of Exile - Recipes

Postby Dion Blackwater » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Nice find. I remember seeing a web app that searches through your stash and shows you which recipes you can currently complete. It never worked for me though but I didn't bother spending much time on it to get it to work. It might still be around.

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 am

I think some basic guide can be applied:

1.) Don't identify items you are sure no one of your chars or friends will use (because it is the wrong type or maybe just too low)

2.) If you recognize a lot of drops from one item type in your current stage, consider storing it, especially if those items dont need so much slots.

3.) Usually items change fast, if you change stages. Thus either sell all items then, that you couldnt complete for a recipe or redo the stage once it resets. REDOING a stage will prolly be standard for the end game when you are maxed out.

4.) Keep yellow/rare items anyway in your stash if they are not too large in slots since 2 of the same item combined can result in a chaos orb. However, same problem occurs again as in 3. (but possibly trade with frieds or players to make pairs of the same rare item)

At least this is what i am going to try from now on until I understand the whole system better.

Ninshi

Postby Ninshi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 am

Nice info!

SlyXaojin

Postby SlyXaojin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Superior (white) items:

Never sell them, just pick them up and store them.
Once your stash is full of them you can just sort and sell them in the following way:

Separate item types (weapons, armor, maybe also rings and flasks but i had not enough yet)

Then look at their quality rating.

If an item has a quality rating of +20% sell it alone.

Else add up items of the same type to get a total quality rating of 40% or more (but the more acurate to 40% the less loss you have).

The results are then the gems that improve the quality rating of an item according to its type.

CRAFTING or How to use those newly gained gems:

1.) just add them to your weapons/armor. Depending on the rarity of the item you get 5% 2% or 1% gain until it caps at 20%.

2.) If you want to get more out of your gems:
Get a white item of a type you can use/need with lots of slots. Raise its quality with a maximum of 4 gems to the cap. Then use a gem that turns it into a yellow or Purple item. (dont forget the item rank).

The second method is a bit risky, but will decrease your farming time a lot if you want to create suits of capped quality. I imagine in the end game this is the best way to forge really good items, but instead of what you need take any item that has the most gem slots and do it. I am sure in the retail high end game you will be able to trade those items for ones you need.

Return to “Other Games”