Rust (DayZ-ish with crafting, housing, persistence)

Upcoming games or other games without a TFK division
studebaker

Rust (DayZ-ish with crafting, housing, persistence)

Postby studebaker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Figured I'd foward over a post by Dest about this game it's been pretty fun so far...

[quote=@1444437]Well the game intrigued me enough to get a key for the "alpha" just as I was about to go to bed... Keys can only be purchased through the website, and there's only 5 per hour. The cost starts @ $120 and ticks down 2$ a minute over the course of the hour. Of course nobody pays $120 for it, and after watching it a couple of hours I observed they started to get bought around the $25-$30 mark. Once one was bought, the other 4 went pretty quick each time. I ended up jumping in at $28 when I saw one go. These guys have raked in almost $350,000.. no game dribbling out keys like that would make that kind of money if it wasn't getting a ton of referrals.

Anyway, there's about 8-10 servers, and one for east/west coast. At 1AM, there was almost 200 people on the East server. It's played entirely in browser in a unity player. Game looks and feels pretty darn good overall, certainly not like an alpha from a visual standpoint.

I proceeded to die like 6 times pretty quick to an assortment of weapons, hatchet and even a guy clubbing me with a stone naked once (literally, like Mortal naked -- everyone starts completely naked). I don't know how big the map is, but there's no shortage of players. Voice comms are completely built into the game with proximity, so when someone walks up to you and starts talking it's pretty whacky lol. The further they are away from you, the softer they get too. The surround sound is spot on. On my 7th life, I skulked around long enough to figure out how to harvest wood (which without a tool consists of hitting a tree with a rock), and I collected enough quickly to craft the most basic shelter. From there I built a campfire inside it, then a door (which only I can open). I then cooked some chicken breast I got off a bird I stoned to death; just in time too, because I was starving. Then I ventured back out and got wood for the storage box, which is where the video picks up. I wish I recorded it, but in the middle of the prior night when I was figuring out how to cook, and had my campfire lit (the light could be seen from outside i'm sure), I had a guy come up to my door and start begging for food (literally, because of the voice comms thing) in a whiny-his-man voice, pleading with me not to let him starve to death. He sat at my door going on and on for like 5 or 10 mins.. Lol, it was pretty hilarious. Then as the sun started to came up, another guy came up to him and asked him if he wanted to team up, and he finally left. (I HEARD the whole conversation lol) Anyway, I called it a night after I put the storage box down. The kicker is, I have absolutely no idea where I am, there's no map and no compasses, so most likely I'll die and have no idea how to get back to my shelter. I was just testing stuff out anyway, and I'm sure someone will blow the door up sooner or later since it's only wood. I saw player created buildings of all shapes and sizes.

All in all, a very unique experience I have to say. And full loot pvp, crafting, player housing, persistence, lots of players.. I think we could have some fun with this.

[/quote]
"Son of a bitch must pay!" - Jack Burton

SlyXaojin
Rock me Amadeus - Master Knight

Re: Rust (DayZ-ish with crafting, housing, persistence)

Postby SlyXaojin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:51 pm

What server are you on? I dont see east coast anymore. Only west, or central. Any idea yet how important the ping is?

studebaker

Postby studebaker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:43 am

We've been bouncing around servers alot since they were under a ddos attack (haven't played today at all so I don't know if its still going on). Usually it's been either East or West coast.
"Son of a bitch must pay!" - Jack Burton

DestL

Postby DestL » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:20 pm

The servers are getting destroyed on a daily basis by some very persistent DDosers. Still a lot of fun, but prepare for a fair amount of frustration, and lots of starting over (which isn't a huge deal, but gets tiring after many, many times!)

p.s. dont know what happened to my old forum account, it just stopped working one day. Thanks to whichever natzi pruned me out!

Phallus Gigundus

Postby Phallus Gigundus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Everyone must play this game. And don't worry, I won't run across the map bringing zombies.

MegaLondon

Postby MegaLondon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:32 pm

We got about 7 of us on the EU side at the moment, get the feeling this will double up soon :) loving the simple sandbox elements that makes games fun for me. Kill, loot, build any which-way you can.

SlyXaojin
Rock me Amadeus - Master Knight

Postby SlyXaojin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:43 pm

I just hope the hackers stop soon. That was already in DayZ Mod a problem. I assume with that Webplayer it will be hard to implement some kind of an anti-cheat software :/

MegaLondon

Postby MegaLondon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:55 pm

It seems they're going to move over to steam and stop the web version of the game. This should help a lot vs the hackers

DestL

Postby DestL » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:56 pm

You see a flying dude here and there when the plane drops, but other than that, I haven't witnessed much hacking personally besides a couple of incidents. It's not even a major concern for them right now in Alpha. But it is indeed shitloads of fun on every level!

Silva
TFK Leader

Postby Silva » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Quik Silva (DFUW) / Wolfen Silva (DFO) / Silva & Wildwood (AC DT)

[TBC]Doma

Postby [TBC]Doma » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm

haha wat?

Nice screenshot :P

Phallus Gigundus

Postby Phallus Gigundus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:09 am

Which server you guys play on?

MegaKiller

Postby MegaKiller » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:17 am

Phallus Gigundus wrote:Which server you guys play on?

Just bought the game (have not create character yet). But I wonder as well on which server are your "shelters" in ?

MegaLondon

Postby MegaLondon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 am

United Kingdom on the web version. The steam version is released today so we will have to see if it's the same servers. Team speak is your best bet to find us :)

MegaKiller

Postby MegaKiller » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:26 am

Hi guys,

can you help out and give me the coordinates to the "camp" location ? (or are you moving all the time as the camp is under continues attacks)
Are you on UK - English Only ?

Here is the partial rust map:
http://i40.tinypic.com/28ils37.jpg

Regards

Return to “Other Games”